The El Dorado County Veterans Alliance honors and assists those veterans of the United States Armed Forces who have served the Cause of Freedom.
Friends of the Veterans Monument, our parent organization, has been designated by El Dorado County Ordinance #4743 to care for, oversee improvements and conduct Memorial Day and Veterans Day ceremonies at the El Dorado County Veterans Monument.
Our work assisting veterans and their families extends far beyond the Veterans Monument. Every year, we raise tens of thousands of dollars in direct aid to El Dorado County veterans, including college assistance, scholarships for veterans’ families, service dogs for veterans experiencing PTS, hospice for veterans at the end of their lives, and other aid.
Friends of the Veterans Monument is a 501.c (3) charitable organization comprised of veterans of the United States Armed Forces and their family members. We also do business as the El Dorado County Veterans Alliance.
Friends of the Veterans Monument
685 Placerville Dr.
Placerville, CA 95667
- General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations: email@example.com
- Memorials: firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
- President – TSGT Gary Campbell USAF-Ret
- Vice President – 1SG Marty Sanford USA-Vet
- Secretary-Treasurer – CAPT John Poimiroo USN-Ret
- Megan Buchanan
- CPT Jack Babbitt, USMC-Ret
- SSGT James Cahill, USAF-Vet
- LTC Gregory Etzel AFC, USAF-Ret
- SGT Vern Pierson USA-Vet
- CH LTC Tim Thompson USA-Ret
- Executive Committee
- Monument Committee
Documents for Review
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- IRS 501.c (3) Letter of Determination
- EDC Ordinance #4743
- Annual Report – 2016
- County of El Dorado Facilities Department
- Sierra Monuments
- Jill Blue Keith, web designer
- Fred Fortune, Fortune2 Design Firm (Map)
- Life Scout Ryan Sleeth, BSA Troop 88, Placerville (Online Directory)